ManipalCigna Health Insurance launches “ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime”, a comprehensive health insurance plan that offers better coverage, better control, better care.
(Eds: Disclaimer: The following press release is provided to you under an agreement with PRNewswire. PTI assumes no editorial responsibility for it.)
– Enters cashless OPD with ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime to pay for expenses such as doctor’s consultation fee, prescribed diagnostic tests, pharmacy
– Introduces the industry’s first feature “Activate – Deactivate” your health insurance from the 2nd year, up to 30 days when traveling abroad
– ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime pays non-medical expenses
– ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime allows you to choose the “Any room” category whether it is suite or superior during hospitalization
– ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime will restore unlimited times, in case you run out of sum insured even for the same/related illness
– ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime goes beyond standard maternity coverage and expands coverage to include IVF/IUI treatments
– ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime waives your next one-year renewal premium in the event of accidental death or diagnosis of one of the critical illnesses listed
– ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime provides air ambulance coverage, beyond the basic sum insured; max up to Rs. 10 lacs
MUMBAI, India, May 9, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company Limited, today announced the launch of the “ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime” plan. This new plan is not just a health insurance plan but a comprehensive health insurance plan as it not only covers all types of hospital expenses but also comes with revolutionary features such as “Cashless OPD” for doctor’s consultation, prescribed diagnostic tests and pharmacy fees. covers “non-medical expenses” to ensure there are no deductions for non-medical items while hospitalized and many other attractive benefits.
Speaking about the product launch, Mr. Prasun Sikdar, Managing Director and CEO of ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company Limited said, At ManipalCigna, we have always been at the forefront of meeting consumer needs and whenever we have proposed a new product, we ensured that our product addressed the fundamental problems that our customers were facing. This time too, we have conducted extensive research and identified some of the top issues that customers are facing and expecting solutions from healthcare experts like us. For example, in India, expenditure on outpatient services, which includes medical consultations, laboratory tests and pharmacy fees, accounts for nearly 62% of healthcare costs. In addition, non-medical expenses represent approximately 10% to 12% of overall hospitalization. bills that are paid out of pocket. Our new ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime takes our commitment one step further and offers cashless services even for OPD expenses to provide total healthcare protection. It comes with the industry’s first feature, Switch Off, which allows customers to turn off coverage when traveling internationally from year 2 onwards. for a maximum period of 30 days in a policy year and, more importantly, the plan covers all hospitalization expenses, whether medical or non-medical, to meet the care needs of client’s daily health. »
Sikdar added: “The product also has a specific plan, for lives with medical conditions such as diabetes, obesity, asthma, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. These customers do not need wait a long time, as the pre-existing condition pending period for these listed conditions is only 90 days. ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime is a truly comprehensive plan offering personalized healthcare solutions to protect customers from all types of expenses health care even beyond hospitalization and offers sum assured up to 1 crore with lifetime renewal, so customers enjoy better coverage, control and care in the true sense of the term, without any financial worries.”
The ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime plan comes in three different variants – “ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime Protect” for overall hospitalization expenses; ‘ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime Advantage’ provides cashless OPD coverage in addition to hospital charges; and “ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime Active” for lives suffering from medical conditions such as diabetes, obesity, asthma, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
The new ManipalCigna ProHealth Prime plan offers some PRIME features, including:
• Zero deduction for non-medical expenses, to cover all your hospitalization costs, whether medical or non-medical, because why should you pay if you are really covered.
• A DPO who gets PAID, yes, that too, because health issues don’t have to escalate to hospitalization every time.
• Unlimited restoration up to 100% of the sum insured, your cover is restored to 100% of the sum insured, each time you use it, a certain number of times, whether for related illnesses or not, because coverage should always mean full coverage. Applicable from the 2nd claim
• The power to deactivate your health insurance from the 2nd year up to 30 days when traveling abroad and obtain a discount on your renewal premium.
• 1 year waiver of premium, on the renewal of the premium of the policy due to accidental death or in the event of diagnosis of one of the serious illnesses listed.
• Freedom to choose any room category, suite or superior, as you see fit
• Annual health check, from the 1st year for all insured adults to take the utmost care of your health, not only in illness but also in well-being
• Wellness Program, earn attractive rewards of up to 20% of your base bonus for achieving the number of predefined wellness steps in one day. Use these reward points to get a discount on your renewal premium.
For more detailed information on key features and terms and conditions, please read the product brochure and policy wording here, https://bit.ly/39iMgxN
About ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company Limited
ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between Manipal Group, a prominent player in healthcare delivery and higher education in India, Cigna Corporation, a global healthcare services company with over 200 years of experience. ManipalCigna is headquartered in Mumbai and has 76 branches covering major metros and cities. The company has built a strong multiple distribution network of over 48,000 agents and over 500 distribution partners across the country. ManipalCigna also has links with 13 major banks for the distribution of health insurance solutions and has a network of more than 7,000 hospitals in cities, including Tier I, Tier II and Tier III cities in India. To learn more, visit www.manipalcigna.com