Minister, Health News, ET HealthWorld
The MSHCS was launched by the Mizo National Front (MNF) government led by Chief Minister Zoramthanga in October 2019.
Under the scheme, beneficiaries receive up to Rs 2 lakh health insurance per year and cover all illnesses, he said.
The healthcare plan is valid for one year and the previous term which started on October 1, 2020 ended on September 30 last year.
The government has extended the existing period until March this year, as it has decided to implement the health care plan in accordance with the fiscal year of the next fiscal year.
According to the Minister of Health, a total of 1,13,720 beneficiaries have been registered under the health care scheme.
He said more than Rs 3.21 crore had been collected from registered beneficiaries under the health care scheme for the extended period between October 1, 2021 and March 31, 2022.
He told the Assembly that no beneficiary, who signed up for the health care plan for the extended period, has received their medical bills so far.
The Minister of Health said the government was making tremendous efforts to eliminate all pending bills.
He said about Rs 1,000 crore is expected from the Asian Development Bank as external aid fund for the program.
The minister said Rs 4 crore would soon be released from the corpus fund.